Why should you buy a pressure cooker?
Pressure cookers now are becoming more and more common in the modern household. Nowadays pressure cookers have been innovated so much to catch up to the higher needs of customers: safe use and more convenient options.
Now is the time for you to upgrade your kitchen with the best pressure cooker. Not only have a lot of benefits such as to cook quick, delicious dinners in a matter of minutes, but an electric pressure cooker also has many practical benefits: Save time and money, Healthy cooking, Tasteful meals, Eliminate micro-organisms, Kitchen becomes cooler and cleaner.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
What’s the difference between an electric and a stove top pressure cooker?
If you want to buy the best pressure cooker, you can consider between an electric pressure cooker and a stove top pressure cooker. Both can save cooking time and use pressured heat, but they also have some differences.
An electric pressure cooker is easy and convenient to use with its automated features, while a stove top pressure cooker provides accuracy in cooking with its manual regulation of heat. Moreover, stove top pressure cooker can be more long lasting than electric pressures cooker. Stove top pressure cookers have more advantages in replacement parts and repair services than electric pressure cookers, while fixings of electric pressure cooker can be costly.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
An electric and a stove stop pressure cooker, what to choose?
You can simply choose depends on your needs. An electric pressure cooker is the best option for people who are busy, you only need to press a few buttons and then walk away. It will automatically switch off and keep the dish warm until serving like a rice cooker.
Meanwhile a stove top pressure cooker lets you control heat manually for optimal results. It also offers a large range of sizes to suit the family size (from 4 to 22 liter models) and types of cooking.
Think about your needs and favor and choose what you consider is more important to you. We offer you the best electric pressure cookers and the best stovetop pressure cookers for all your choices and demands.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
Top 3 Best Electric Pressure Cookers
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/1″][vc_empty_space height=”40px”][vc_column_text]
Top 3 Best Stovetop Pressure Cookers
What size of pressure cooker to buy?
Depending on who you’ll be cooking for, and how often, you can determine the size of the pressure cooker you’ll need. Although all pressure cooker sizes indicate their full liquid capacity, in fact, only half to two-thirds can be really used to cook. You should not fill the pot more than two-thirds its capacity, as pressure cooking involves frothing and bubbling, which may block the steam valves when the pot is too full.
- Under 5 litres: Good for singles or couples, as whole meals can be cooked for two. It will also do for one course to serve a small family.
- 5-7 litres: This size for an average family with 3-5 members. It can accommodate a full meal recipe, but is not too big to store.
- 7.5 – 10 litres: This size for large families with more than 6 members, or large groups of people, or like to freeze food.
- Over 10 litres: This size is used for cooking large amounts of food that you want to store in jars or pints, for catering purposes or any venture that requires you to cook for more than 15 people at a time.
Note : Some manufacturers use the US Quart measurement for cooking capacity, while others use the Litre. The exact relation between them is 1 US quart = 0.946 litre. For purposes of convenience, we shall round off the figure to consider 1 US quart = 1 litre.
What information should I know more when purchasing a pressure cooker?
Here are some general tips on what else you should look for or consider when buying the best pressure cooker:
- Check that your pressure cooker is capable of reaching the level of 15 psi because most pressure cooker recipes call for cooking at this level. Otherwise, add 10% more cooking time for a 12-13 psi pressure cooker and 20% more time for an 8-9 psi cooker.
- Your pressure cooker can be used for many years, so check pressure cooker companies and the warranties they offer quickly. Furthermore, replacement parts for your cooker are not covered in a warranty, so consider a company that always has replacements and accessories in stock.
- The best quality for stainless steel pressure cookers are “18/10 stainless steel”, which means the stainless steel is composed of 18% chromium and 10% nickel, making it more durable, resistant to stains, rust and corrosion, shinier and easier to clean.
- You’d get the best value for your money if you buy a pressure cooker that already comes with one or two of accessories which have many recipes such as a steamer basket or cooking rack.
- Two side handles can be considered if you purchase a large pressure cooker. The pots with food in them get heavy, so it’s easier to lift and handle a pressure cooker with two handles. If folding handles are available, you’ll require less storage space.
- Non-stick pressure cookers are not highly recommended. Non-stick surfaces don’t last long, and will show signs of wear and tear soon. Currently, only electric pressure cookers have non-stick pots, which can be replaced when needed.
What food can I cook in a pressure cooker?
You can cook many different dishes with a pressure cooker. The measurements indicated in recipes below will show you some notes.
- Stews and curries are the most popular pressure cooker recipes, as the ingredients are fairly easy to prepare.
- Tough cuts of meat become really tender when braised or cooked in stew in a pressure cooker.
- A pressure cooker can take longer to cook vegetables and legumes like dry beans, potatoes and carrots.
- You can uncover the pressure cooker to brown meat and vegetables for an added flavour before putting liquids in.
- Rice and risottos will be cooked perfectly at any time.
- Poached or steamed fruit will be perfect for baby food. It also can make delicious and healthy desserts.
- Steamed puddings and cheesecakes using seasonal fruit will delight the samily all year long.
[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space height=”32px”][vc_message message_box_style=”standard” style=”rounded” message_box_color=”green” icon_type=”linecons” icon_fontawesome=”fa fa-check” icon_openiconic=”vc-oi vc-oi-dial” icon_typicons=”typcn typcn-adjust-brightness” icon_entypo=”entypo-icon entypo-icon-thumbs-up” icon_linecons=”vc_li vc_li-like” icon_pixelicons=”vc_pixel_icon vc_pixel_icon-alert”]
Testimonials from Readers
Thanks PressureCookerSpot! I am a kind of person who always search and ask for advices before making decision. And choosing a good pressure cooker with the best price and quality is the most difficult decision. Thanks to PressureCookerSpot, I receiced the best pressure cooker review and easily make decision. I purchased my pressure cooker and never regret until now. Flora Smith – New York